Please note that most lip consultations (if you’ve previously had injections by another office) require dissolving before new filler is applied. This is generally done during the consult. Please prepare for a dissolving session if you have scheduled a lip consult and follow the pre-care instructions for best results.
Following our pre-care instructions is necessary and required for all appointments, as failure to do so can result in complications and we may be forced to reschedule. These instructions can also always be found on our website. If you have any questions about our pre-care instructions or cannot locate them, please give us a call.
- To reduce your chances of bruising and swelling, please avoid blood-thinning medications, foods, and supplements (unless they are prescribed to treat a health condition) for a week prior to your appointment. This includes, but is not limited to: ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, fish oil, salmon, almonds/almond milk/almond butter, sushi, garlic, green tea and other supplements. If you normally use pain relievers, please use Tylenol as it does not thin the blood. If you may need a pain reliever within the next 2 weeks, please have Tylenol on hand.
- Please do not consume alcohol for at least 4 days prior to your visit.
- We also recommend that you take supplements that alleviate bruising and swelling for 3-4 days prior to your appointment. We strongly recommend using Arnica tablets and Arnica gel (unless you are allergic or they are contraindicated with any medications/medical conditions you have – this may include high blood pressure). Arnica can be purchased at Vitamin Shoppe, other pharmacies, or you can purchase them on Amazon by clicking here.
- Make sure you don’t come in on an empty stomach!
- Hydrate adequately for a week prior to treatment, especially if you are being treated with dermal fillers. Fillers draw water to the surface and dehydration can severely minimize results!
- For dermal filler and Kybella appointments, please book your appointment at least 2 weeks before any special events. There may be swelling and bruising for 1-2 weeks following your appointment.
- If at all possible, please arrive without make up. If you are wearing make up, it will have to be removed prior to your appointment.
If you currently have filler injected by another practice:
- If we do not feel we can achieve results that meet our standards by injecting over your previous filler, we will require one or more dissolving sessions before filler is applied. There is a fee for dissolving. These will be booked for the soonest available appointments. Out of town clients, please plan accordingly. Perfection is the goal!
- If requiring more than one session, they must be spaced out over multiple appointments to be effective. New filler cannot be injected the same day as previous filler is dissolved.
- If you think you may need dissolving, please book your appointments ahead of time or reach out to the office for more information.
We would like you to be fully informed on the products we offer before you begin treatment. To learn more about the uses, possible risks and side effects, or any other information, please follow the links below to the manufacturers’ corresponding websites:
Please contact us if you have any questions.
See you soon!