Following our pre-care instructions is necessary and required for all appointments, as failure to do so can result in complications and we may be forced to reschedule.
NOTE: If you work in a healthcare setting that requires an N-95 or similar, tight-fitting mask, please know that wearing such masks is not recommended for 2 weeks after receiving under-eye, cheek, nose, or jawline filler. If this will not work for you, please consider rescheduling.
Please take before photos prior to your treatment so you can compare your results!
- You will have significantly better results if you begin using Arnica 3-4 days prior to your appointment. Please do so unless you are allergic or it is contraindicated with any medications/medical conditions you have – this may include high blood pressure. Arnica can be purchased at our office, Vitamin Shoppe, other pharmacies, or you can buy tablets on Amazon by clicking here. Please make sure to follow the directions on the label.
- To reduce your chances of bruising and swelling, please avoid blood-thinning medications, foods, and supplements (unless they are prescribed to treat a health condition) for a week before your appointment. This includes, but is not limited to: ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, fish oil, salmon, almonds/almond milk, sushi, garlic, ginger, green tea, work out supplements, and other supplements. Please refrain from taking supplements that are not prescribed to treat a medical condition until after you have healed.
- If you usually use pain relievers, please use Tylenol as it does not thin blood. If you may need a pain reliever within the next two weeks, please have Tylenol on hand. Of course, please avoid Tylenol if it is contraindicated with any of your medical conditions or medications.
- Please do not consume alcohol for at least four days before your visit.
- Make sure you don’t come in on an empty stomach!
- Hydrate adequately for a week prior to treatment, especially if you are being treated with dermal fillers. Fillers draw water to the surface and dehydration can severely minimize results!
- For any injectable appointments, please do not plan any special events for at least one month after the treatment. There may be swelling and bruising for 1-2 weeks following your appointment, and it may take up to a month for tissue to ultimately settle.
- If you are currently taking aminoglycoside antibiotics and are seeking Botox or Dysport injections, please call to reschedule as we will be unable to perform this treatment.
- If getting lower facial treatments, please ensure that you do not have any dental appointments two weeks before or after treatment.
- Please arrive without makeup. If you are wearing makeup, it will have to be removed before your appointment (this includes all eye makeup).
If you currently have filler injected by another practice:
- Please note that many lip consultations (if you’ve previously had injections by another office) require dissolving before the new filler is applied. This is generally done during the consultation. Please prepare for a dissolving session if you have scheduled a lip consult and follow the pre-care instructions for best results.
- If we do not feel we can achieve results that meet our standards by injecting over your previous filler, we will require one or more dissolving sessions before the new filler is applied. There is a fee for dissolving. These will be booked for the soonest available appointments. Out of town clients, please plan accordingly. Perfection is the goal!
- If requiring more than one session, they must be spaced out over multiple appointments to be effective. New filler cannot be injected the same day as the previous filler is dissolved (in the same area).
- If you think you may need dissolving, please book your appointments ahead of time or reach out to the office for more information.
Please be sure to follow our appointment and cancellation policies.
We would like you to be fully informed about the products we offer before you begin treatment. To learn more about the uses of the products, possible risks and side effects, and other information, please follow the links below to the manufacturers’ corresponding websites:
Please contact us if you have any questions.
See you soon!